Have you heard about the ‘Get ready, get set, become a digital online learner’ free, open online course yet? This course, designed by uImagine Open Pathways team and available via the openlearning.com/csu portal, provides skills for people of all ages to learn more about how to be successful when learning online. Is this something you want to do?
One of the topics in the course introduces the ‘Digital online learner skills framework’. This was developed to explore, consider and adopt essential skills for digital online learning.
Do you know what essential skills are needed for digital online learning? As a digital online learner you are able to:
- Connect - with information and learners in your PLN and PLCs
- Communicate - using different strategies and tools
- Develop Citizenship - demonstrating appropriate behaviour
- Collaborate - applying norms of behaviour for success with virtual teams
- Create - a professional online identity and digital multimedia products
- Apply Choice - for informed selection and correct use of online tools
Access the interactive tool below to learn more about each skill. Click on each of the ‘+’ signs and further information explaining each element/skill will pop out.
Want to learn more? Join the digital learner online course now.
Read more about Open Education at CSU.